It’s spring time in Seattle-Everett. The sun was out over the weekend and I decided to set foot outside the house into the backyard. Yeah… I am lazy!
Recent Updates Page 2 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Even the path to nowhere leads you somewhere.
Sindhu is discussing. Toggle Comments
A US businessman facing financial problems has apparently faked his own death by bailing out of his plane and letting it crash in a Florida swamp. A rescue operation was launched when Marcus Schrenker made a distress call saying his plane's windscreen had imploded and he was bleeding.
1) Two military planes were scrambled and they found Mr Schrenker's plane flying on autopilot, with its door open and no sign of the pilot.
2) Investigators said the wreckage showed no signs of blood or a smashed windshield.
He should have planned his 'bailout' better!
Venus & Jupiter.
Aade beach, Maharashtra, India.
Local kids having a splash kicking the football we had carried along with us.
More pictures from the trip here:
We know that politicians in India are heartless, but this is a new low. Maharashtra Deputy CM R R Patil, in a press conference on Saturday, said the following:
"One or two such incidents keep happening in big cities. They (terrorists) came to kill 5,000 people but we ensured minimal damage."
There are so many things wrong with that statement.
1. Does he thinks we should get used to this because "one or two such incidents keep happening in big cities". Of course he does! He doesn’t suffer. He has Z-class security. It’s the common man that suffers. And we all know how much our politicians care for the common man.
2. For him, the 200+ lives that the terrorists took is "minimal damage". How heartless and irresponsible of him to say that.
3. And what exactly did he or his government do to prevent the terrorists from killing 5000+ people? The state government was clueless, the state police were clueless. The only reason the death count is _only_ 200+ is because the terrorists DIDN’T kill more. And believe me, they would have killed more if they had a chance to!
4. Does he even understand that the scale of damage goes far beyond the damaged buildings?
The problem goes far beyond the state government. The central government coalition is lead by the same political party: the Indian National Congress, Congress for short. The number of terror attacks in India this year alone is so many, any other country would have reacted with some seriousness. Not so in India. And the blame rests entirely on the central government.
Our Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, is an intellectual. But he’s no leader. He was a great Finance Minister, but he has been a terrible Prime Minister. His speech on the day of the Mumbai terror attack was the low point of his tenure as the PM. It was uninspiring, to put it mildly.
The fact that R R Patil has not been asked to resign shows how ineffective Congress party chief, Sonia Gandhi, is. She’s as clueless as the rest of them, even more so if anyone can be! The now ex-Home Minister, Shivraj Patil, was a minister _only_ because he had the backing of Sonia Gandhi.
She’s the chief of the Congress party by default — it’s dynastic rule over there.
In a democratic India, the Congress party is the last remaining kingdom. It’s time this kingdom was dismantled.
CNN IBN’s Windows Media based MMS stream:
(Please add other streams in the comments. I’ll update posts with other live video feed links as I find them.)
The Taj Mahal Hotel – view from the Gateway of India dock.
I was in Mumbai on 15th and 16h of November for a friend’s wedding reception. I shot some pictures of the Gateway of India and the Taj Mahal Hotel when I was there. I have a set of pictures of the Taj Mahal Hotel on Flickr here:
The pictures in the set gives one a perspective of how close the Taj Mahal hotel is to the the Mumbai dock.
More pictures here:
Colorfully lit Mysore Dasara Exhibition grounds can be seen in the lower half of the picture.
More pictures in this set: